Period: September, 10 to December, 31.
- Meeting and seeing off at intermediate airports and
- Paperwork: permits, visas and documents.
accommodation, three meals a day, transportation to Yakutsk.
Assistance at the hunters' camp with three meals a day providing a
security guide and an interpreter.
- Giving an opportunity of
getting a trophy.
- Assisting in trophy conservation and
- Transportation - horses, deer, boats,
- Providing hunting dogs to fetch a wounded animal.
- Excursions, souvenirs shopping - at the client's choice.
· Double and single occupancy rooms
· Accommodation on a
At hunting base: a completely comfortable hunter's
At hunting camp: hunting cabins, heated tents.
Location of hunting
areas: Not more than 250-350 km from ulus centers and
Yakutsk. At Inderekei district of Verkhoyanie mounts and upper
Dyanyshka and Leepiske rivers.
- To Yakutsk: via Aeroflot planes, 2 flights from Moscow
daily; On Tuesday and Saturday from Khabarovsk; On Wed from
- To the hunting area: AN-2 planes belonging to Ilin
air company or by Mi-8 helicopter.
- While on a hunting tour: by
foot; deer or horse transportation (summer), boats or snowmobiles
· Take warm clothes and make sure you have clothing to
change into. Average summer temperature ranges from 0 to +10 C
during the day, 5- -10 C at night.
· in October-November the
temperature may fall down to 25- -30 C. Snow layer depth varies
from 30 to 50 cm. Warm clothes and boots are very important.
Special terms: ·
Not less than 3 clients per a hunting tour;
· 1 or 2 clients can
be invited if they guarantee at least 2 trophies in addition to a
moose or a bear, otherwise they are to pay the amount equal to 2
· The term trophy means horns, skull, and fell of an
Staff: · tour
· 1 hunting guide per client
· 1 interpreter
camp employee (cook).
Warranty : The
bear population is stable. The average weight of the animal is
200-300 kg. There are also larger ones weighing over 400 kg.
1. Searching from snowmobiles and reindeer sleds alongside
mountain slopes close to bear habitats. You shoot at a hardly moving
object. Shooting distance is normally 100-300 meters and more. This
hunting method is used in October and/or November. Incidental trophy
(a moose) is possible.
2. Ambush hunting with bait set up in
advance. You shoot from a closer distance at a hardly moving object.
Shooting distance: 100-150 meters.
3. Checking the surroundings
with the chief hunter along mountain slopes by a river. The hunting
takes place in daytime on visual detection of an animal. The
shooting distance ranges from 100 to 300 meters.
Base price from USD 3290
You may e-mail us at email@example.com.
Back to Rex's HOT Travel Tips
Copyright © 2002 Rex Fritschi LLC. All rights reserved.